8 stages, 24 teams of 6 riders, sporting challenges and lots of emotions will celebrate the great return of the Tour de France Women...
The medieval city of Provins has the honour of hosting the finish of the 2nd stage, 100% Seine-et-Marne, starting from Meaux and after a 135km race.
2 passages on the finish line:
4 p.m.: first passage will be on the finish line, located at the foot of the Intercommunal Tourist Office.
But the runners will not stop there and will do a 20 km lap in the medieval city and its close countryside, before the final finish at 4.30 pm.
- 16:45: Ceremony and podium for the Youth Race.
> Activities in the "Finish Village":
This sporting and festive event will be an opportunity to honour women and to promote the Brie region and the town of Provins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
In this area, located near the Tourist Office, you will find numerous activities from 12:00 onwards, bringing together local associations and partners:
- Giant screen to follow the stage live,
- Presence of the cycling club "Le Guidon Provinois" (affiliated to the FFC),
- Exhibition "Femmes et Sports" by the Comité Départemental Olympique et Sportif, to honour women's sport,
- Fun activities and interactive challenges with "Home Trainer" with K7 Bike Home,
- Exhibition of old bikes by "La Commune Libre de la Ville Haute",
- Sale of a date stamp bearing the effigy of the event by the "Amicale Philatélique",
- Presence of the Tourist Office of Provins to present the tourist offer and more particularly its ideas for rides on VTC and electric mountain bikes,
- Initiation of big bike, mono cycle and small bike with the Provins circus school "Tit'Equipe",
- Road safety simulators and games with the Departmental Council and presentation of tourist activities with Seine-et-Marne Attractivité (SMA),
- Discovery of local producers with LECLERC Val du Châtel,
- Pop-Rock, Variety and Jazz music stage...
- Restaurant area with the "L'Essentiel" restaurant.
> Other schedules to note:
- 12:00: Youth race Minimes and Cadettes organised by Le Guidon Provinois and the French Cycling Federation. Course in the upper town: Porte Saint-Jean / Allée des Remparts / Porte de Jouy
- 2.50 pm: Passage of the caravan in Provins, stop on the Avenue du Général De Gaulle.
- The monuments and the Roseraie de Provins will be open to the public at the usual times.
- The historical shows "Les Aigles des Remparts" and "La Légende des Chevaliers", as well as the little tourist train, will be exceptionally closed.
You can find the complete itinerary on the programme available for download at the top of the page (only in French) and on the official website of the organising company Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.).
Monday 25 July 2022 between 2.15 pm and 4.45 pm.