Live the adventure of Ferra Botanica, an electric-assisted railbike in a protected green space!
Ferra Botanica is a match made in Heaven. Bike + Train, Humans + Nature. Add them up and you get an unforgettable experience!
Hire bikerails in the commune of La Ferté-Gaucher for a jaunt with your family through the Land of Brie!
Pedal at your own pace with a little help from an electric motor. Enjoy this outdoor activity in the heart of Val du Haut Morin’s sensitive natural area.
Dotted along the 6.5-km-long (13 km round trip) are creative, captivating art installations based on plant or animal themes.
Art lovers will appreciate the enchanting interlude provided by this aesthetic scenery!
Midway along the course, you can partake in nature workshops provided for free by our educational team. Learn about preserving the environment, the design principles of permaculture, how to be eco-friendly, recycling, biodiversity and much more.
To ride a railbike, you’ll need a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 5 (including children). If you have more than 5 people, you’ll have to hire a second railbike. 2 passengers will be in charge of pedalling, but if your group is larger group, feel free to swap spots on the road (maybe ‘rail’ is more like it) to share pedalling duties.
The more, the merrier.
Make it a group experience to enhance the fun!
Departure from the Tourist Office of La Ferté-Gaucher by small train or go directly to the old station of Lescherolles.
• Different package options are available by reservation only (24 hours in advance):
Each formula is composed according to the availability of products from local producers:
– “Assiette Fermière”: taste of the countryside from 13 € per pers.
– “Ardoise du Terroir”: delicatessen local products from 14 € per pers.
– “Goûter Champêtre”: country afternoon snack from 9 € per pers.
– “Panier découverte Terroir”: local discovery basket at 30 € for 4 pers.
• Departure by small train from the Tourist Office of La Ferté-Gaucher, which will take you directly to the site.
• On-site services available: refreshment and snack bar (ice creams, hot and cold drinks, local produce), picnic areas, shop and sale of local products, WC and water fountains.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
Information and welcome conditions subject to change and to the evolution of sanitary conditions in force.
• From 26 March to 6 November 2022: departures from Tuesday to Sunday at 10.30 a.m., 1.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m., with catering facilities in option.
• For 1 railbike from 2 to 5 people (included child): in week 38 € – weekends, public holidays and extra days, and during French school holidays (zone C) 45 €.
• Family package for 2 railbikes, maxi 10 people (included child) : from 64,90 €.
• Assiette Fermière or Taste of the Countryside: from 13 € per pers. + railbike rental.
• Ardoise du Terroir with local products: from 14 € per pers. + railbike rental.
• Goûter Champêtre or country afternoon snack from 9 € per pers. + railbike rental.
• Panier découverte Terroir or local discovery basket at 30 € for 4 pers. + railbike rental.
• Contact us for group price from 21 people, and for private events can be organised.