Relive the grand age of steam engines with AJECTA at the Living Railroad Museum!
The Youth Association for the Maintenance and Preservation of Old Trains (AJECTA) invites you to take a ride on the rails of history at the Living Railroad Museum.
You can visit an impressive train depot full of enormous engines. Its wooden roundhouse, which dates from 1911, is designated as a Historic Monument. This ingenious construction made it possible to select the right locomotive.
The museum offers a unique collection made up of 10 locomotive engines dating from 1866 to 1943. AJECTA has completely restored some of them.
A journey through time awaits you: from a Pullman luxury car from the Roaring ’20s to a third-class passenger car and a restaurant car. And don’t forget a nice steam bath!
AJECTA regularly organises special train rides on the national rail network lines (based on availability).
Tourism, gastronomy, history and enlightening guides are always available on these railway “cruises” and other Steam Days.
Cultural highlights not to be missed (subject to change):
• 6, 7 & 8 May 2023: Steam Festival: a major event to celebrate the commemoration of the 1945 Armistice: exceptional locomotives from all over France, steam train trips, exhibitions and many other surprises….
• Sunday 10 December 2023: The Santa Claus Steam Train, to celebrate Christmas on a train pulled by a splendid steam locomotive.
Complete programmes available soon in the “Agenda” page.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
Information and welcome conditions subject to change.
• From 8 January to 19 April 2023: only on Sunday and public holidays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. – exceptional closures on Sunday 23 and 30 April.
• 6, 7 & 8 May: Steam Festival.
• From 18 May to 29 October: Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 10.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• From 30 October to 17 December: only on Sunday and public holidays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Annual closure from 18 December 2023 to 6 January 2024.
Length: about 1h30.
Last admission 15 min. before the closure of the museum.
• Adult 4 € – child (6-11 years old) 2 € – free for under 6 years old.
• Contactless payment card recommended.