Where to park in the medieval town of Provins?
Notice to Visitors
• During the event “Spring Medieval Festival” (26 & 27 March 2022 – subject to change) :
The car park, close to the Tourist Office, will be accessible free of charge.
In case it is full when you arrive, numerous car parks with unlimited duration will be signposted: old distillery – 15, route de Bray; SNCF train station – 2 route de Champbenoist; Saint Ayoul Cultural and Sports Centre – 10 rue du général Delort; Sainte Croix car park – rue Sainte Croix, close to the sub-prefecture; Place du 29e Dragons, opposite the police station; Place du Cloître, just a stone’s throw from the Notre-Dame-du-Val Tower.
• During the Medieval Festival of Provins (25 & 26 June 2022 – subject to change):
The parking near the Tourist Office is exceptionally closed for the festival.
A free parking for campers will be at your disposal from Thursday before, until the end of the festival.
To find this area, please follow the signs from the Tourist Office throw town (shower, WC, but no water and no electricity).
For all visitors, free parkings and shuttles will be at your disposal. Remember the parking number to take back the right shuttle.
• For the funfair (the first three weeks of November – subject to change):
Exceptionally and by municipal decree, the car park of the Villecran area, next to the Tourist Office, is reserved for fairground workers.
Here is a list of the main free car parks near the Tourist Office, where the team will be pleased to welcome you every day: rue du Général de Gaulle, car park rue du Bourg Neuf, place du Châtel, place Saint-Quiriace, rue du Palais, porte de Jouy.
• During the event “Christmas in Provins” (10 & 11 December 2022 – subject to change):
The car park will not be accessible unless you arrive on the Thursday before the event. You will then be allowed to stay and park.
If you arrive on Saturday or Sunday, we advise you to go to the various car parks at your disposal (flat car park at the Centre des Impôts, located at 8 avenue André Malraux).
To get to the places of entertainment, free shuttles at departures from the Tourist Office and the Cultural and Sports Centre of Saint-Ayoul, connect the upper town and the downtown.
Thank you for your understanding!
Parking in the upper town
The Provins Tourist Office has a large car park, including 7 spaces reserved for the people with disabilities.
• For cars: paying on weekends, public holidays and bridges from 26 March to 6 November 2022, and exceptionally on municipal by-law.
It is free the rest of the year.
Prices: 4 € per complete day – 2 € for half day (from 1 p.m.).
• For motorbikes: parking is free all year long .
Parking is paid for in cash only, on arrival and at the municipal offices (please note that there are no cash dispensers nearby).
Thank you for your understanding.
Parking in the downtown
All parkings in the downtown of Provins are free!
Some, however, are located in the blue zone, to be used with a current European disc.
– 178 places in the quartier Delort, between the Saint-Ayoul church and the Centre Culturel et Sportif de Saint-Ayoul (cultural centre).
– From 400 to 500 places, on the place du 29e Dragons and in the avenue Alain Peyreffite, facing the police station.
– 129 places, located rue Sainte Croix, near the sub-prefecture.
– 76 places, on the place du Cloître, near the Tour Notre-Dame-du-Val.
Blue zone parkings:
– 63 places, on the place de la Résistance et de la Déportation, right next to the Sainte-Croix church.
– 52 places on the place Honoré de Balzac.
– About 300 places throughout the downtown, on the main streets so as rue de la Friperie, rue de la Cordonnerie, etc.