A 12th century dungeon, the Cesar Tower is the symbol of the power of Provins and the Counts of Champagne in the Middle Ages!
The Cesar Tower is the emblematic monument of the medieval city of Provins and a concentrate of history!
This 12th century keep is impressive both in size and shape!
It is also called the “Grosse Tour”, served as a watchtower, a refuge and a prison.
Prisoners were locked up in the turrets and dungeons, narrow and sometimes into total darkness …
Today it houses the bells of the collegiate church of Saint-Quiriace and still rings twice: 5mn before and on the hour.
Before you reach the sumptuous 17th century roof structure, you will pass through the vaulted guards’ room, the room known as the “Governor’s Office”, very luxurious with its fireplace and especially its individual latrines, the “Pâté aux Anglais”, and finally the covered way to protect against bad weather and attacks.
Once you have climbed up all the floors, you will enjoy the splendid view of the whole of Provins and its surrounding countryside!
When you come back down the spiral staircase that will certainly make you dizzy, don’t miss the lower room, the last step before the return to daylight…
Nocturnal illumination of the tower, sublimely enhanced by new LED lighting, in an ecological and economical approach.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
Information subject to the evolution of the sanitary context.
• From 8 November 2021 to 25 March 2022: weekends and public holidays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – in week from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 11 & 12 December 2021: from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• From 26 March to 6 November 2022: daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• From 7 November to 31 December 2022: weekends and public holidays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – in week from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Annual closure: 1 January and 25 December.
For your safety, welcome conditions are specially set up:
• Presentation of a Health Pass.
• Direction of the visit respecting social distancing.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entry of the monument.
• Wearing a face mask is obligatory in the monument.
• Included in the Pass Provins or Family Pass.
• Ticket for the monument only: adult 4,30 € – child (4-12 years old) 2,80 € – free for under 4 years old.
• CB payment accepted.
Length: about 35 min.
Last admission 15 min. before the closure of the monument.
Access: rue de la Pie.
Please note that animal friends are not allowed in the monuments, nor on the sites of the shows, nor in the major events.
Buy your tickets onsite or online
The Cesar Tower is included in the Pass Provins or Pass Family.
But you can buy the ticket for the monument only, onsite at the entrance or online.
Once the date has been chosen, the 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. times that appear simply correspond to the opening times of the monument.
Your ticket is valid for the whole day, in respect of the sanitary conditions in force (see welcome conditions).
0033 1 64 60 26 26